Spiced apple jam




I am more than happy to post this guest recipe from a very old friend from my school days. Soumya lives in Doha with her hubby and three year old Alison. She recently started a page on FB https://www.facebook.com/GreenhornCooking?fref=ts and is trying to rekindle her passion for cooking. When I asked her to contribute to my guest section she went ahead and shot pics exclusively for this post (so sweet of her). I am not a lover of jam and we don't have jam, butter or peanut butter sandwiches at home so I am grateful to Soumya for giving me a recipe in a category I have not started yet. I guess I will have to start making spreads and jams when I start working and have no time for elaborate breakfasts. Thanks Soumya for motivating me to take up something I have been neglecting for some time. And to all you lazy zombies out there who have not contributed to my guest section, I am gonna raid your kitchen with my camera very soon. Off late I have a feeling I have been posting recipes with elaborate procedures and fanciful ingredients so, I am gonna get back to basics and Soumya has helped me redirect with her easy home made spiced jam. 

Remember some weeks ago I spoke about my guilt trip to high calories?My hubby has started a new exercise regime and this has left me to explore a new set of recipes I have never tried before. You will now see a health section on this blog with you know all the steamed stuff and millets, soups, veggies and healthy stuff. So till then its me signing off. Ciao !!!

Ingredients for Spiced Apple Jam

Apple - 3 small
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 pinch
Water 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp

Directions

1) In a saucepan, take sugar, boiling water, cinnamon powder and salt. Stir well.

2) Cut the apple into small slices so that it would cook fast. Put them into the saucepan as and when you slice them.

3) Keep the saucepan on high heat. Once it comes to a boil reduce the heat to medium high. Let it simmer for 15 - 20 mins, until the apple is cooked.

4) Let it cool down for few minutes. Then grind it in a mixer grinder.

5) Pour it into a pan and add the lemon juice. Cook again so that any water remaining will evaporate and the texture becomes flaky.
 
 

Labels: , ,