Coleslaw Sandwich





I loved the coleslaw I had as a kid from KFC in Kuwait. Back here in India I never saw them serving it. Over the years this taste sort of lingered around. So sometime back when we were on lent I experimented this recipe. We had some frozen corn and I decided to add them to the coleslaw. I would not say it was a super duper hit because my husband and I havent warmed up to veg diets. But it did make me nostalgic. I think the KFC here should start serving coleslaw :P

Ingredients for Coleslaw sandwich

Carrot- 1 grated
Cabbage- a small piece grated
Corn- 1 cup
Onion- sliced finely
Cream- 2 tbsp
Mayonnaise- 2 tsp
Pepper- a dash
salt - to taste
Milk- 2 tbsp
Bread slices- 4

Directions

Mix the grated ingredients with cream, mayonnaise, milk, salt and pepper. Refrigerate it for a while. Toast the bread slices and stuff them with the filling. Serve it cool by refrigerating it. I dont like it toasted with the filling so I grill the bread before filling.


For those who eat eggs, you can mash a boiled egg and add it to the coleslaw filling, it tastes very different. I avoid corn when I add the egg.


Labels: ,