Yoghurt dip with jalapenos and sun dried tomatoes


I am not fond of yoghurt except if its a sweet one from gelateria or a lassi. In the Chennai heat though, yoghurt is a respite. This recipe is something I attempted inspired by my friend Monisha. I had some Jalapenos and Sun dried tomatoes which I added for a tangy flavour. If you dont have these ingredients you could stick to the regular garlic, pepper and salt combo. Olives and celery too would get along with this dip.

Ingredients for yoghurt dip with jalapenos and sun dried tomatoes

Yoghurt- 1 cup ( the more the merrier)
sun dried tomatoes chopped- 1 tsp
garlic chopped- 2 tsp
jalapenos chopped- 2 tsp
pepper- a dash
salt- to taste
Directions

Strain the yoghurt in a sieve/strainer or muslin cloth.


Leave it for 1 hour and chop up all the ingredients.


When you are ready to serve the dip with chips and starters mix the yoghurt with the chopped ingredients , pepper and salt and you have a fine dip. Everytime I serve this people ask me if yoghurt can taste this heavenly. I guess it does :)


Labels: