Veg Kohlapuri



I had a colleague back in office who was from Kohlapur. She would keep raving about her town. She always began her sentences by saying " Hamare Kohlapur mein na................" . That's the first time I came to know about Kohlapur ( apart from Kohlapur chappals). This friend of mine introduced me to her Kohlapuri masala. And I fell in love with it. I try Kohlapuri veg curry ever since my first encounter at her place. They never taste the same and so I decided to try my version. It still does not look the same each time I repeat it. These days I make them less spicy thought it was the spices that attracted me to this dish initially. So here's a veg dish from my side. Sorry for not updating recently. I was down with a bad tummy . I can't recall what went wrong with all that travelling and eating around , I am still unstable.


Ingredients for Veg Kohlapuri

Carrot- 1 chopped
Green peas- 1/4 cup
Cauliflower- 10 florets
Potato- 1 chopped
Onion- 1 sliced


For grinding

Khus khus- 1 tsp
Dry chillies- 2
Coriander seeds- 1 tsp
Jeera- 1 tsp
Onion - 1 sliced
Coconut grated- 2 tbsp
Tomatoes- 2 chopped
Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves- for garnish
oil- for frying
salt - to taste


Directions

Grind the ingredients listed above after heating them in a frying pan and keep it separately. Chop the vegetables and wash them well. Now in a kadai heat the oil and add ginger garlic paste. When sauted well add the onions and saute them.


Into this add the ground masala paste and turmeric, chilli, coriander and garam masala powder. Add the vegetables to this paste. Let the vegetables simmer in the gravy for 15 minutes. Add salt and kasuri methi and simmer for 10 more minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rotis or rice.



Labels: ,