Seafood Potato Bite



I wanted to try something new for starters. We had some guests home and I had got hold of some shrimps from my mom. So I came across and old recipe from my collection. I had no crab meat and then I decided to use something I had in plenty, dry fish. I am not a sea food person but my guests and my hubby were sea food lovers so I had nothing left. So here's Seafood potato bite my style.
Ingredients for Seafood potato bite

Shrimps boiled and chopped- 5o gm
Dry fish fried- 50gm
Grated carrots- 100 gm
Boiled potatoes- 2
Egg white- 1
All purpose flour- 1 cup
Bread crumbs- 1 cup
Lemon juice- 2 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Oil for frying


Directions

Boil the potatoes and mash them. Grate the carrots and fry the boiled shrimps and chop them. I used dry fish just for a twist mostly crab meat and tuna are used in seafood bites. If you hate the smell and taste of dry fish avoid it. In a bowl mix the grated carrots, fried shrimps and dry fish. Add lemon juice and salt and mix well. Make small balls of the mix and keep aside. Now make balls of the mashed potatoes and stuff the sea food mix into it as shown in the pic.



Coat this ball with the all purpose flour. Dip this ball into egg white and then cover it with bread crumbs. Shallow fry these patties in oil and serve with tomato ketchup.

Labels: , , , ,