Moo shu pork






We got some farm fresh pork recently and I wanted to make pork in a Non- Keralite style. I came across this recipe on fortheloveofcooking blog. I went to shop for the coleslaw ingredients and guess what they had a special offer on these red/purple cabbage. The base for this dish required lettuce or cabbage. Lettuce is quite expensive here so I decided on the ordinary cabbage but when I saw there was a discount on these cabbages ( 1 cabbage cost me just Rs 6.50) I took it as an omen that this dish was meant to be. The purple shade gave it an appeal and our guests enjoyed it. I never found this offer again at the supermarket. Some dishes are just meant to be made on particular days. Or maybe the market determines what I should experiment. Anyways, the pork turned out to be different but my hubby still missed the traditional spices.

Ingredients for Moo shu pork

Red cabbage- 1
Carrots- 2 grated
Onions- 2 sliced
Capsicum- 1 shredded
Cabbage- shredded 1 cup
Mushrooms- sliced 100 gm
Pork- boiled and thinly sliced
Pepper crushed- 1 tsp
Salt- to taste
Lemon juice- 1 tsp
Soya sauce- 2 tsp
Olive oil- 2tsp

Directions

Heat oil in a pan. Saute the onions, capsicums, mushrooms, carrots and shredded cabbage for 5 minutes. Add soya sauce, crushed pepper and salt. Stir for 2 minutes and then add the thinly sliced pork. Do not cook for long. It's supposed to be eaten raw as coleslaw is eaten so. I cooked it because my hubby is aversive to raw veggies. Grill the fillings for 10 minutes.



Separate the cabbage leaves and wash them well. They will form cups or base into which our filling will be served. Spoon the fillings into each leaf. Sprinkle the lemon juice on top of each leaf after it's filled with the filling and your moo shu pork is ready.



Labels: , ,