Mashed Potatoes

Potatoes happens to be my hubby's favourite tuber. He had been raving for some mashed potatoes. I think potatoes are underestimated in Indian cuisine. As in we do have aloo tikkis and vadas and Aloo poshto but potatoes never form staple diet for us. It's partially out of our fear that they are fattening or potatoes have become a filler for us. Back home mom drops in cubed potatoes in chicken curry, beef , mutton curry or egg curry to have more pieces. But we still can't see it as a main course. I had some baby potatoes lying around for few weeks and though I kept planning to try Dum aloo I couldn't and when the potatoes starting looking unwell I decided to mash them. Accidental though, they made a post here today.



So perhaps we can cut down the rice and rotis for a day and have mashed potatoes with minced meat or chicken fry.

Ingredients for mashed potatoes

Potatoes- 500gm bolied and mashed
Salt- to taste
Butter - As lavish you want it to be
Oregano- a dash
Pepper- a pinch

Directions

Boil and peel the potatoes when they cool. Mash the potatoes well with a masher or hand. Add the salt, pepper, butter and oregano to the mashed potatoes and mix well. Mashed potatoes can be served as a side dish to pastas or casseroles. I like them with minced meat gravy.

Labels: