Loveletter- Pancakes with coconut





Loveletter that's what it was called in hostel and recently I heard my aunt refer the same. I guess its the sweetness within the white texture that gives it the name. This has been added to my breakfast menu recently.Whenever I am lazy and have coconut grated in plenty, I end up making this. My hubby and I aren't coconut lovers but this passes our test and has been on the menu. I guess places where coconut is an exotic fruit, people would cherish it more than us arrogant guys for whom its found in abundance. It's quite different from the english pancakes but is quite easy to make. It is not suitable for large families coz each person could eat more than 5 atleast and it requires a lot of patience and time to make the perfect non sticky pancake. The title does sound romantic so maybe it should be a Valentine breakfast.

Ingredients for Loveletter

All purpose flour/ maida - a cup
Water- 1 cup
Salt- a pinch
Sugar- 5 tsp
Grated coconut ( fresh and not dessicated) - 1 cup
Cardamom powdered- 1 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp

Directions

Prepare a batter using the flour, water and salt. The consistency should not be very thick but make sure it is not to watery either. I have learnt from experience that it gets sticky if the batter is too watery.



In a bowl, mix cardamom powder, sugar and grated coconut.



Now heat the pan and pour a ladle full of batter. If its a non stick pan you don't require oil but at times it gets sticky with the coating of teflon coming off.So you can grease the pan with oil if you find it sticky after your first attempt.


After pouring the batter wait till the pancake is cooked , I like the bottom to look reddish when I flip it so i wait for some time to get this effect. Once it's cooked flip it onto a plate. Fill the coconut filling and roll over.


That's your love letter. It requires no syrups and can be eaten just this way.




Labels: , ,