Goulash

Fortheloveofcooking.net is a fabulous food blog and has been my favourite for some time. I recently saw this recipe there but since i didn'y have many of the ingredients , I decided to modify it to my taste. And voila ! it does taste like goulash I had in Italy. So for you guys out there who love Italian and wanna try something new here's Goulash !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients for Goulash

Carrots- 2 chopped
Capsicum- 2 chopped
Mushroom- 250 gm chopped finely
Onion- 2 chopped
Garlic- 15 cloves chopped finely
Tomatoes- 15 peeled and pureed
Elbow macroni- 250 gm boliled
Cheddar cheese gated- 100 gm
Chicken mince meat- 250 gm




Directions

Step 1- Preparation of Marinara/Pasta sauce

If you plan to use readymade marinara or pasta sauce this part of the recipe is not required. If not this is my version of marinara. I learned it from my aunt who has been in Italy for quite some time and speaks more Italian than Malayalam. So for the marinara

Boil water and put the tomatoes into them to peel the skin off. Now chop these tomatoes and add i cup of water to the tomatoes. Add grated carrots, chopped garlic and finely chopped capsicums to this mixture. Boil this mixture for 1 hr on low fire. Add grated cheese and oregano in the end. And set aside.


Step2- preparation of meat sauce

In a pan fry chopped onions. Now add chopped mushrooms, capsicums and carrots and saute till cooked. Into this add the mincemeat.Now I added some kashmiri chilli powder for colour as the tomatoes I had were not very ripe and didnt have the red colour I wanted to see. But this is not an Italian tip :) . Now cook the meat well. Add black pepper powder and oregano to the meat. When the vegetables and meat is cooked add the marinara and cook fr 15 minutes so that the sauce and meat blends well. So you have finished step 2.


Boil macaroni and drain the water. Add it to this sauce and cook the macaroni in the sauce for 15 minutes. While servings top the dish with grated cheese and serve hot.

Labels: ,