Cold Pasta with Tuna



I don't like cold pastas but this one is a favourite of my sister Asha. I improvised it with some green peas and I still don't like it as much as she does :) . I am not a sea food person basically. So I guess its the cold and fish flavour that averts me. But my hubby like my sis devours anything that swims ;) or even floats. So here's a cold pasta. Tuna I know is expensive in India for commoners !!!!!! like us. I used to have more of these when we were in Kuwait but here in India it is expensive. So you could go for any fish which has few bones. Just boil a piece of the fish with salt and once its cooked all you got to do is clear the bones and mash the fish. This though an easy substitute and can pass the test for fish cutlets would not be ideal for sea food pastas but its worth a try. If you are not a sea food person like me you could use chicken but it would taste totally different from tuna :P


Ingredients for Cold Pasta with Tuna

Shell pasta - 200 gm
Green peas boiled- 1 cup
Onion- 1 chopped
Tuna- 1 can ( 200gm)
Mayonaise- 5 tbsp ( can be substituted with fresh cream)
Green chillies- 1 chopped
salt- to taste



Directions

Drain the tuna and mash it. Add chopped onions, chillies and salt and mix the tuna well. Add the mayonnaise and green peas. Boil the pasta shells and drain it pouring cold water. This will avoid it being sticky. Add the pasta to the tuna mixture and mix well. Refrigerate the pasta and serve cold. If the shells are big you can stuff the filling into the shell and serve it that way too.
If you love capsicums you can use them instead of green peas.

Labels: , ,