Chicken sausage and cabbage rolls


I hate having the same breakfast over and over again. I can't make quite a many typical Kerala dishes because my husband dislikes coconut in any form so making something different is a challenge. Yet another challenge is using the veggies especially leftovers. So one fine morning I had some leftover cabbage stir fry and was planning to have them with chapathis when this struck me.


Ingredients for Chicken sausage and cabbage rolls

Chappathis- 4
Chicken sausage- 2 diced
Capsicum - 1 diced
Egg- 1
Onion- 1 diced
Tomato ketchup- 1 tbsp
Chilli sauce- 2tsp
Mayonnaise- 4 tbsp
Leftover cabbage- depends on how much you wanna use



Direction

Make chapathis using wheat flour and water.(Please look up the recipe for chapathis if you are new to Indian cooking). Make an omelette on a pan. Before it's full cooked put a chapathi on top of it so that the chapathi is coated with the omelette.


In a bowl add cabbage, capsicum, onion and chopped sausages that is fried.Add the ketchup, mayonnaise and chill sauce to the above ingredients and mix well. Transfer the egg coated chapathi to a plate and fill with the fillings.


You now have a roll, kati, frankie before you. This dish came out of my necessity to finish what I have so go ahead and try different rolls with leftovers..


Labels: