Bruschetta with sausages





I was missing the Italian bruschettas and that's when I saw something similar in the movie Julie, Julia. I remembered my mom saying it's so colourful and so I decided to try something on my own. I had some sausages and capsicums and a baguette so I went ahead and made this for breakfast. And my critical hubby loved it. I plan to surprise my mom and sis this weekend with a new one. But this is for now. They make good appetizers and that's what Italians usually make them for but I think its a nice breakfast option too.

Ingredients for bruschetta with sausages


Baguette- 1 sliced thickly
Sausages- 4 sliced
Capsicum- 1 diced
Tomato- 1 diced
Onion- 1 diced
Cheese- 2 slices
Oregano- a dash
Salt- to taste
Olive oil - 1 tsp


Directions

Saute capsicum, onion and tomato along with the sausages in olive oil for 3 minutes. Sprinkle salt and saute well.See that they aren't over cooked. Slice the baguettes thick enough so that they can hold the topping.



Lay the slices on a bake dish and top it with the toppings.



Add a dash of oregano and place a small strip of chesse on each slice. Grill for 5 minutes. See that the cheese melts and doesn't get dried. Serve hot. Now isn't that easy. Italian bruschettas are a little different but I'll get back with those next time.


Labels: ,