Beef soup





My hubby was down with fever recently. He kept requesting for warm water and could not swallow solid food. So all my vegetables were getting wasted as he was not eating them. It then struck me if I tried soup he could have something warm and the veggies could be mashed or pureed too. So I concocted a broth with all that I had. I did not like the green colour which was because of spinach and I also don't like my veggies pureed but my hubby could not swallow anything and I did this. So maybe you could try skipping spinach and chopping veggies instead of pureeing them.

Ingredients for Beef soup


Beef stock- 3 cups
Beef- boiled and finely chopped 50gm
Carrots- diced 2
Spinach- chopped a handful
Capsicum - diced 1
Onion- chopped finely 1
Potato- chopped 1
ginger and garlic finely chopped- 50 gm
Tomatoes- chopped 2
Worcestershire sauce- 2 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Soya sauce- 2 tsp
Salt- to taste



Directions

For stock boil beef with bones in 5 cups of water in a pressure cooker. After 5 whistles open the cooker and boil the stock for 3o minutes on low flame. If you don't like beef you can use chicken or mutton instead but the procedure would be the same.


You can use readymade stock available in market. Now once the stock is ready add the chopped veggies and beef and cook in the pressure cooker till two whistles. You can now puree this in a blender if you don't like chewing veggies or leave it just like that. Into this mixture add the sauces, pepper and salt and simmer for 15 minutes. Add chopped ginger and garlic for garnish and serve hot. If you like to have the egg effect on your soup before removing the soup from fire, add an egg white. I found it too rich to add an egg in addition.

Have a great day and do share some soup recipes with me I am looking out new recipes to avoid the readymade packets.

Labels: